What is the difference between a Group session and an Individual session in your offices? …
The Washington DC Hypnosis Center currently offers both individual hypnosis sessions and also group hypnosis sessions.
Currently our most regular group sessions are for Smoking Cessation, Weight Loss, and Stress. We also hold workshops for other topics, and periodically have group programs for topics such as Motivation, Goal-Setting, Attract Your Loved Ones, and more. We also do individual sessions 6 days a week (Mon-Sat), available from 10am to 10pm.
Some people will choose to start with individual sessions and then graduate to a group hypnosis program. Other people may feel confident enough to embark upon a hypnosis group program without prior individual hypnosis sessions. Both individual hypnosis session and group hypnosis session done in the Washington DC Hypnosis Center in Maryland and Virginia are done in a private confidential setting.
Many people would like to know what the advantages and disadvantages are to a group session versus an individual session.
A Quick Explanation:
In a perfect world, everyone would be doing individual hypnosis sessions. You get a trained professional working intently to find out the structure of YOUR challenges, specific to you, and then constructing a program that will address everything you are going through, on a personal level and at your own pace. Many things are possible in individual sessions that are just not possible in a group hypnosis session.
In a group session, the hypnotist has to give suggestions that are effective to the group as a whole, not tailored individually. For many people, this is just what they need and works well! For others, they really need the personal attention in order to see results. Our group sessions are generally an average of 8-15 people; individual sessions are always 1-on-1.
If you have any questions on where you would do best, feel free to give us a phone call and we will be glad to tell you which you would benefit most from.
Differences Between Individual and Group Hypnosis Sessions
Check which type of session is best for you.
Group Hypnosis Sessions will work best for those who…
- Are in the majority and have a standard issue that we do group sessions for
- Are OK with having less personal attention and still having their questions answered in a supportive environment
- Would like to meet friends, share your experiences, and pick up tips from others
- Want to save money, as group sessions tend to be more affordable
- Go into hypnosis quickly and with ease. Some may need extra time to be guided into the state of hypnosis, some may go easier into trance than others.
- Are aware that group sessions have a statistically lower success rate (because of less personal attention), but understand that many people have the same challenge
- Work best when surrounded by others making changes, and wish to see the group being empowered
- Are OK with having to come to potentially more sessions, and can be flexible with their schedule
Individual Hypnosis Sessions are better for those who…
- Need or want personalized 1-on-1 attention on your challenge or issue
- Don’t want to take chances and know that individual hypnosis sessions have a much higher success rate, statistically
- Would like to be empowered personally
- Would like to learn additional tools and techniques, specific to their situation
- Are very busy and would like to come to fewer sessions, and/or have the sessions work around their schedule
- You would like to have the session progress at their own pace; absolutely everyone in an individual session is hypnotized.
Warning: People that should NOT come to a group session
For certain types of people, it is much more advantageous to come to an individual session. These types of people are:
- Those with strong emotional ties to an issue
- Those who are diagnosed with or taking medication for a mental or emotional disorder (Doctor’s referral required)
- Those who have tried many many things to stop their behavior pattern but have been unsuccessful and feel hopeless
- Those who have been hypnotized before by another hypnotist and had a less than positive experience, or don’t believe they can be hypnotized
- Those who have a very emotional past that need the 1 on 1 work to become happier, healthier and successful
If you fit in any of these categories, call us on the phone and we will recommend to you what you should do next. Our numbers are 301-717-1207 and 202-657-4293.